Dr. Shama Rasheed is a double board certified Child, Adolescent, and Adult Psychiatrist with over a decade of experience in taking care of patients from all walks of life. A proud University of Houston Alumnus and a graduate of UT Medical School in Houston, she also completed her residency in Adult Psychiatry and Post- Doctoral Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in 2004. As a former TV talk show personality, Assistant Professor at the world-renowned Baylor College of Medicine- Menninger Department of Psychiatry, and maintaining an international private practice that spans several continents, Dr. Rasheed brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to Texas Psychiatry. She believes in walking alongside her patients in their path towards optimal healing. Dr. Rasheed’s patient-centered approach has led to a loyal following of patients that see her as their trusted source for mental health and wellness.
- Medical School – University of Texas, Houston, Doctor of Medicine
- The University of Texas, Residency in Adult Psychiatry
- The University of Texas, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)